1. Select the option to install vmware tools on the WKS/GSX UI. Usually VM -> Install VMware Tools
2. Then log into the Gentoo VM as tools and mount the cd-rom drive.
#mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
3. Then untar the vmware tools so some temp location like /tmp
#tar xvzf /mnt/cdrom/*.tar.gz /tmp
4. Create a set of empty rc directories to fool the tools installer
5. Run the vmware-tools installer and go with the defaults
The above installs the vmware tools startup scripts on the rc directories. So to fix it do the following
6. Add vmware tools to startup
#rc-update add vmware-tools default
Bad Behavior has blocked 40 access attempts in the last 7 days.