Originally from linuxquestions
With newer codecs I have change -ao pcm -waveheader to -ao pcm:waveheader
Convert WMA to MP3 -: "Convert WMA to MP3
1. create a text file called wmamp3 in your ~/
2. Open the file in your favorite editor and enter the following
current_directory=$( pwd )
for i in *.wma; do mv '$i' `echo $i | tr ' ' '_'`; done
for i in *.[Ww][Mm][Aa]; do mv '$i' `echo $i | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`; done
#Rip with Mplayer / encode with LAME
for i in *.wma ; do mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -af resample=44100 -ao pcm:waveheader $i && lame -m s audiodump.wav -o $i; done
#convert file names
for i in *.wma; do mv '$i' '`basename '$i' .wma`.mp3'; done
3. Save the file
4. In a console, give the command
chmod +x ~/wmamp3
5. as root, copy the file to your exec path (/usr/bin or /bin)
6. Now you can change to the directory containing your WMA files and give the command wmamp3
It usually takes approx 30 seconds to convert a 4 min long file."
Fun and games to day with MRTG/SNMP and windows servers. Typical winblows never works properly without a bunch of researching and downloading. MRTG works great with pretty much any network device, except winblows. Makes monitoring setups a whole lot more interesting.
After much toing and froing I finally got it to work. Still not happy with the results but I will tweak it so it works. Hopefully I’ll publish a Howto of some sorts.
Bad Behavior has blocked 109 access attempts in the last 7 days.