1. Create a folder on your hard drive for shares. i.e. c:\share 2. Create another folder in the above share. i.e. c:\share\music 2. Link the Library to this folder. 3. Delete the folder. 4. Use the mklink in an elevated command prompt to make a symbolic link. Name the link the same as the folder
Tag Archives: windows
To read .chm files on a remote share you can add the share name into the “Local Intranet” zone in the security tab of IE. E.g file://fileservername
Transferring the Schema Master via GUI
To Transfer the Schema Master Role:
1. Register the Schmmgmt.dll library by pressing Start > RUN and typing:
1. Press OK. You should receive a success confirmation.
2. From the Run command open an MMC Console by typing MMC.
3. On the Console menu, press Add/Remove Snap-in.
4. Press Add. Select Active Directory Schema.
5. Press Add and press Close. Press OK.
6. If you are NOT logged onto the target domain controller, in the snap-in, right-click the Active Directory Schema icon in the Console Root and press Change Domain Controller.
7. Press Specify …. and type the name of the new role holder. Press OK.
8. Right-click right-click the Active Directory Schema icon again and press Operation Masters.
9. Press the Change button.
10. Press OK all the way out.